iTunes 7 Bug

Discussion in 'macOS' started by DSchwartz88, Sep 12, 2006.

1. DSchwartz88 macrumors 6502

May 18, 2006
    So i was just sitting in bed tonight flipping through my library and i decided i was odne for the night. i quit out of itunes using the normal apple key-Q stuff, and boom the backlight of my keyboard goes out. So i opened up itunes to see if i could recreate it, and yup done it everytime. im on PBG4, so i cant speak for the MBP's. Just wanted to let everyone know
  2. tvguru macrumors 6502

Apr 29, 2005
    Kenora, ON Canada
  3. thewhitehart macrumors 6502a

Jul 9, 2005
    The town without George Bailey
    Here's a bug, at least for me - I cannot drop new art onto an album. I accidentally used the wrong art for an album, and it refuses to let me change it via drag and drop.
  4. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    Same bug here. Really annoying. You can drag it on to the artwork pane in the Get Info window, just not the regular Artwork well. Haven't tested it thoroughly, but I believe it works if you've got one song selected, it's only multiple selections (like a whole album) for which it doesn't work. Highly annoying, especially since it worked fine before iTunes 7. Hopefully iTunes 7.0.1, likely due out quite soon, will fix it.
  5. Nar1117 macrumors 6502

Apr 15, 2006
    How about this:

Anyoe having the problem of when you switch out of full screen view for a video, and it doesnt keep showing the video in the lower left window? Like ill press escape from full screen, i go back into itunes and the audio is still playing but no video.

I can either watch it in fullscreen or a separate window. Not cool.

6. sprstu macrumors member

Apr 27, 2005
    white bear lake, mn
    Just DLed it today, and the problem Im having is getting my vidcasts to dl and play.
  7. p0intblank macrumors 68030

Sep 20, 2005
    New Jersey
    I noticed this as well. It is annoying and I hope Apple fixes it with the next update. It's a pretty obvious bug, so it should be very easy to fix.

This isn't a bug, it is something that really annoys me now... scrolling through my library with the scrollbar isn't like what it used to be. If I don't grab the scrollbar exactly in the center, the window automatically scrolls to the spot I clicked my mouse. For example, try dragging the scrollbar from the bottom and you should see your library skip down to that point.

Bug or unwelcome improvement? Either way, I really hope it's fixed.
  8. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

Jul 7, 2005
    New York, NY
    Does anyone else have a problem with their music being re-sorted on their iPod after using iTunes 7? The song order on all my albums has changed. It has taken songs that I bought off of iTMS and put them first, then put the rest of the songs from that album in order (songs that I later added because I bought the album and imported it). What is with this? In the info tag it still says that the song is track 3 out of 11, or whatever, but it places it first. However this has not happened to my iTunes library... Is anyone experiencing the same thing?
  9. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

Jul 7, 2005
    New York, NY
    Hey, I just figured it out! I guess iTunes 7 has an album artist now, for what reason I know not. Anyway it seems that the order of the songs in the album depend on this info tag, so all you have to do to fix it is makesure all the songs on the album have the same artist listed. I supposed you could also delete all the album artist info and that would work as well.