iTunes 7 crashing / will not reinstall

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by shazizaam, Oct 24, 2006.

1. shazizaam macrumors newbie

Oct 24, 2006
    I recently updated iTunes to version 7.0.0. When I started it up for the first time, it began with 'Determining Gapless Playback Information' and got stuck at the track "Delia's Gone." I deleted the track and restarted iTunes, only to have it freeze at the track "Del's Funk" or something, the one directly before it. For a while, I was able to start up iTunes, cancel the the gapless playback information check, and play music normally, but eventually, it would begin doing that right at the song at which it froze and iTunes became unusable.
    I dragged iTunes from the applications folder into the trash and tried to reinstall it, but when it asks me to 'Select a destination' and I click on my hard drive, it says "Installing this software require 0 bytes of space." On the next page, where it says "Custom Install" and you're supposed to check the boxes beside iTunes and iTunes Phone Driver, both of those are greyed out and say "Disabled" under the "Action" column. Under the advice of my friend, I have even gone to Library/Preferences and deleted the files, but still no luck. So basically, I have deleted iTunes and am unable to reinstall it. Can someone please help me with any advice on reinstalling it? I'm desperate without my iTunes. Thank you in advance,
  2. jordansampson macrumors member

Aug 15, 2006
    my itunes wont play more than 3 or 4 songs before crashing. Apple tells me i need to do a delete an install to fix it. i say not a chance:p
  3. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Nov 3, 2005
    if it says 0 bytes don't worry and run the installer anyway it'll still reinstall itunes if not try Pacifist to install itunes manually