iTunes 7 issues

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by smk219, Sep 14, 2006.

1. smk219 macrumors newbie

Let me join the club of those with iTunes 7 issues ...

I have downloaded and installed twice just to make sure my problems were not with a faulty install. I have also restarted my system multiple times. It has done the gapless playback step and downloaded the cover art for me.

I have an original mini with a gig of ram. I am running all the music off an external firewire drive. I have a library of 40+ gigs of music. My problems occur when no other programs are running. I see no plugins in my folders and I have downloaded the new Quicktime.

Here is my problem: The program is excruciatingly slow. Switching between views does not seem to work. The list view starts out okay but then develops problems. The middle button works but scrolling throug album covers gets hung up. The cover view version has yet to work for me.

Example: In list view, sorted by album or artist, when I scroll down the list, the bar on the right will move but the list contents will not change. If I click on a song it will play what I scrolled to but not what is on the screen. Also, if the album changes, the album art gets hung up on the old album. If I minimize the window and then bring it back up from the right hand side of the dock, the list and album art correct themselves temporarily. The minimizing also corrects other screen hang ups that I have between the view buttons - but still no cover view.

Also, when I click on the eye button down below, I can only see have the box as the other half is covered by the song lists. In general, clicking between playlists, ipods, etc. is slow and the correct screens do not come up unless I minimize. A little annoying.

Any suggestions, thoughts, ways to rever to iTunes 6 until 7.1 comes out?

Thanks.

2. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

Same with me, everything works fine when I first start iTunes and only browse music, but after I play a video switching between views lags and becomes almost unusable.

Let's hope for 7.1 is released by next week.

3. smk219 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. AtHomeBoy_2000 macrumors 6502a

AtHomeBoy_2000

On my Windows PC, iTunes 7 is freaking as slow as a snail compared to iTunes 6. CD ripping is at 4X at best and it bogs down my whole system when just sitting open and not playing any music/podcasts.

5. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Is ti just me or is Quicktime 7.1.3 slow as hell too? I downloaded the smallest Apocalypto HD trailer and it was unwatchable. New TV shows are slow as well, but watchable.

Edit: Trying to watch the Lost season finale, and it's very very stuttery. Can't watch it. If I'd bought this thing I'd be pissed.

6. richard4339 macrumors 6502a

richard4339

I've noticed its not as fast as iTunes 6.0.5 on my fiancee's PC, but then again, hardly anything is fast on her machine. Its a more robust program that needs more memory and cpu (her PC is pretty old); I attribute it to that. I haven't had any problems with it on my G3 Mac Mini.

Anyone know if they made 7.0 compatible with XP 64bit?

7. barnacle macrumors regular

barnacle

loaded itunes 7 yesterday. so far, i like it. although, today i tried to load a couple cd's and gracenote couldn't find the track names? is this common? itunes problem? the cd's were ,, anson funderburgh and the rockets,, surely they have that in their files? other than this,, i like it fine.

8. jblock macrumors regular

The only issue I've had is that album covers you download from the ITMS with the new version don't show up in the iTunes screen saver.

9. Meecrob macrumors member

Meecrob

For me anyway, iTunes will run fine in almost every way except for when I change focus to another program. Then the music will start to skip or there will be static.