itunes 7, most pathetic peice of software ever released by apple...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mishi, Sep 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mishi macrumors regular

mishi

there is no shortage of issues with this depressing peice of crap so i will not even begin to list them, there are so many and they are listed everywhere, but i must say it is so much more effort than it is worth.

if you have not already done so i SERIOUSLY recommend NOT installing it

2. p0intblank macrumors 68030

I love the new iTunes 7. It has a few bugs, but I haven't come across anything too serious.

Oh and if you want us to take you seriously, I suggest opening a dictionary. Better yet, launch Dictionary.app.

3. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

There's already a itunes 7 bitching thread. Use Search.

4. tdhurst macrumors 68040

tdhurst

What?

Where's the thread for all us who like it?

I swear the SAME people have problems after every upgrade.

5. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

dornoforpyros

baby want a bottle? :( :( :(

if your going to start threads you should at least back up your argument with some points "EG, I hate it when iTunes 7 does this" or "It crashes every time I..."

right now you just sound like your whining for the sake of whining.

6. spicyapple macrumors 68000

spicyapple

iTunes 7 is the best upgrade, EVER. (in the history of iTunes upgrades)

7. jaydub macrumors 6502a

jaydub

I found it well worth the effort to work with it, and as with any first version release I knew there might be bugs.

8. todd2000 macrumors 68000

I haven't experianced any bugs my-self what are these bugs eveyone speaks of? It seems most people are just complaining about the UI, which I happen to like. As John Bell would say " I lovessssss me some iTunes 7" :)

9. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

That's because they always mess with their systems since they know better than Apple?

Not everything goes right for me but it's rare that something horrendous happens and it's usually some problem with the hard drive's volume.

10. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

No issues on the two PC's I've installed it on so far.

11. neonblue2 macrumors 6502a

I have never had a problem with any update before iTunes 7. It crashes for no reason, it crashes because I push the Return button, it crashes when speeding through Cover Flow, and it just doesn't fit in with the rest of the system. Actually I find the fact that everybody is now singing the interface praise strange, as most users thought the iTunes didn't fit in before and now it has no aqua and it's perfect. I just must be some mutant who loves all three styles.

12. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

I don't like any of the various looks of iTunes, but I thought that version 6 was better and hoped that it signaled the way to Leopard.

13. mishi thread starter macrumors regular

mishi

try running wow or pretty much any game (CS source works fine for some reason) while listening to music...it will skip like crazy, not worth listening to at all

and do not give me any crap about "your computer is too slow", my friend has an E6800 Conroe and two raptors in a raid and his does it also

this would be acceptable, but many people at my work who upgraded have had entire albums skipping to the last song no matter what song you start on (some of them have macs), although this has not happened to me it is yet another reason why not to upgrade

in addition on my PC itunes is using between 10% and 15% of the CPU, itunes 6 used arround 2%

I understand that not everyone is having these issues, however itunes 6 was completley flawless, why bother upgrading only to end up with software that is much worse and much more unstable than the original

but hey, you might get lucky and get:
    lame album art feature
    expensive low quality movies
    a crappy looking UI
    All FREE OF BUGS!!!

a little knowledge is a dangerous thing

14. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Didn't 7 bring in more features than any release since 4?
    No kidding. :rolleyes:

15. mishi thread starter macrumors regular

mishi

sure it did, pitty they are all lame or do not work, oh and we are talking the basic function of itunes: to PLAY MUSIC is NOT WORKING (on both my pc and mac) for not just me, but for lots of people

I am not sure if you understand, if you want these features (and i know some people are really anal about album art), go ahead download itunes 7, but unless you are lucky there will be lots of bugs.

at least wait untill 7.1 or whatever...

16. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

I listen to music all the time while I'm working, so the complete Creative Suite 2 is opened, iCal and some other stuff + itunes 7. No problems here so far. Never crashed or did anything unexpected.

And I like the album art feature very much actually. I use it to browse through my music all the time now.

The ui in general is something I have to get used to.

17. mishi thread starter macrumors regular

mishi

the whole skipping thing seems to be confined to PCs, but there are still many bugs on the mac.

what i mean by *skipping* is the song will skip foward about half a second at very small intervals so you get the effect of the song playing very fast but with no pitch alteration

sounds really stupid

18. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

Stupid pcs, can't even run itunes right. :D

(just joking)

19. mishi thread starter macrumors regular

mishi

yeah thats what i thought :p

but yeah itunes 6 was really good on my pc :D

20. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

The more i try to hate iTunes the more it grows on me. It simply works for and has no issues whatsoever. Although i do miss iTunes 6, i can live with itunes 7. I'm just happy i found a way to make it look like itunes 6 thats was my major peeve....the UI and i've modified it. So no worries. I suggest you re-install the whole thing. My brother doesnt have issues with it as well and he's running on a PC AND his PC is loaded/bloated with crap but runs iTunes fine.

21. Queso macrumors G4

iTunes 7 on my iMac G5 crashes about 50% of the time I use it, always when moving between songs. The songs on my iMac are stored in my user home drive (FileVault not enabled), so it's not like a non-standard setup. However, on my PBG4 where the songs are stored in a shared area of the HD iTunes is stable as ever.

I've also noticed that ripping CDs on the iMac is now only about a quarter of the speed it used to be, although I'm told that's a QuickTime problem. There's definitely something not right with the software, but it's not a consistent bug.

22. Xenesis macrumors regular

Xenesis

I haven't had any problems with iTunes 7 on my G3 500 iMac, apart from the fact that the git literally devours system resources. Of course, that might just be Quicktime 7, but it's certainly hurting Safari. :(

And while I don't hate the GUI, it certainly looked happier, for lack of a better word in iTunes 6.

23. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

I had heard itunes 7 was done outside of Apple, any truth to this so called rumor?:confused:

24. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

That's the first I've heard of it. I really think Apple makes iTunes. :eek:

25. thestaton macrumors 6502

I'm loving it and all my friends are really liking it now that it auto adds the album art. its not like you installed iTunes and got Windows Media player life could be worse.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.