iTunes 7 playing two songs at once

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lord Blackadder, Sep 15, 2006.

1. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

I updated to iTunes 7 yesterday on my PowerMac G4 and haven't been experiencing any issues till just now...

I was listening to a song. As soon as it ended I command-tabbed over to iTunes and hit the left arrow to play it again. As soon as I did this it began playing the song and the next song simultaneously!

I fiddled around for a few minutes but can't reproduce the effect...anyone else have this happen?

2. Danksi macrumors 68000

Danksi

Is this the 'cross-fade' feature, found in iTunes 'playback' preferences?

3. Lord Blackadder thread starter macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Nope, it played both songs at the same time all the way to the end - at which point I hit the left arrow and tried to get it to do it again, but it then only played the first song, not both at the same time.

There was no fade in or out like you'd hear with crossfade, and crossfade should only last a second or so.

4. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

This happened to me today...2 at once for the entire songs. I've had every version of iTunes and that has never happened before iTunes 7. I could not however get it to happen again.
    On another note my iPod kind of did not work tonight. I hit play and it just sat there on the song without doing anything for nearly 2 minutes before it played. The hard drive was not spinning and it seemed to be in a normal state, just not playing......finally the song began.

Both of these issues have never happened prior to the update last week.

5. zestyping macrumors newbie

Two songs at once

This has definitely happened to me several times. The songs play together until i double-click on another song; the play/pause button only pauses one of the songs.

6. Cybix macrumors 6502a

Cybix

umm, freaky.

what was iTunes displaying whilst playing both songs at once? was the UI still operational?

7. zestyping macrumors newbie