iTunes 7 Problem- Can't Keep iPod Shuffle in Source List

Discussion in 'iPod' started by WildCowboy, Sep 12, 2006.

1. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Up until today, I've been able to keep my Shuffle's contents visible in iTunes so that I can easily look up what song is playing if I'm near my computer and don't recognize the song my Shuffle pulls up.

With iTunes 7, my Shuffle disappears from the iTunes window when I eject it. I can't seem to find any preference to allow me keep it visible...am I missing something?

Sorry if this has been addressed elsewhere...I tried a search and didn't find anything, but it's tough to keep up with the forums today.

Edit: Thanks, balamw...edited title to reflect that it's a problem, not a feature. :( Sorry for giving you false hope. :eek:

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Rats. I thought you were going to say that function was extended to the larger 'Pods.:(

B

3. dhc macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm missing this too - hope it comes back, I always create new shuffle playlists in advance of my syncing..:(

4. Sharewaredemon macrumors 68000

Sharewaredemon

I noticed that they had removed this feature today as well.

I thought it was one of the most handy features of the Shuffle, because you could choose what you wanted to put on your iPod ahead of time or more on a whim.

Then slap the iPod into your computer, it updates, eject and get going.