Itunes 7 Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Joe K, Sep 12, 2006.

1. Joe K macrumors newbie

I keep getting this I have my itunes library sorted by album, but when I'm in the cover flow view if I don't start to listen the album in the first song the album gets unsorted and the sort order keeps changing, It doesn't matter if I switch views, if I change the sort order to album by artist it gets fixed but if I switch back to just album, the list gets random again, this is driving me crazy!!! :confused: :mad:

Am I the only one? can somebody help me?

2. charismaG4 macrumors newbie

charismaG4

Exactly the same thing is happening to me and I have no idea why. I'll play a track and normally it moves to 2nd in the list then drops randomly somewhere else after its done.

Anyone?

3. charismaG4 macrumors newbie

charismaG4

Actually I've noticed that it only does this to tracks that are encoded with a constant bit rate (unfortunately I still have a few). Anything encoded with variable bit rate (so all my LAME stuff) works fine.

What it does is change the order of the tracks on the album permanently. But arranging by track number puts them back in order, of course this means viewing the rest of the library in track number order - not a lot of fun.