iTunes 7 skips!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Shotglass, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Shotglass macrumors 65816

Shotglass

My iTunes skips songs in the middle before they end. It's really annoying because I only get 2/3 through the song. But it's only with some of my songs! And another thing, how do I set the gap? It automatically jumps to the next song w/out gap.

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Are the songs skipping if you play them in QuickTime? If you Get Info on a song (COMMAND-I or the File menu), you can select when the track finishes in the Options pane. You can also select whether the song is part of a Gapless Album here. In addition, you may want to uncheck your Crossfade settings in the Playback pane of iTunes Preferences if you're not happy with the songs overlapping. :)

3. Shotglass thread starter macrumors 65816

Shotglass

I'll try Quicktime right now. They used to be okay in iTunes. I've checked the info on the songs, didn't see a gapless checkbox. By the way, they skip in the middle of the songs, so that rules out gapless issues, right?
    Crossfade is off. I'll be posting quicktime results soon.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, I don't think it's a gapless issue but did you check the start and finish times? :)

5. Shotglass thread starter macrumors 65816

Shotglass

Start & finish times are okay, it plays in Quicktime flawlessly. I'll try reinstalling iTunes later today when I have the time.

6. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

Urgh, my songs have also started skipping at random points since upgrading to iTunes 7 :( I love the new features but I preferred being able to listen to my music reliably.

I hope it gets fixed soon.

7. Shotglass thread starter macrumors 65816

Shotglass

Reinstalled iTunes quite some time ago, everything was fine, the problem stopped occurring. Now, there was one song (same artist as the original song with which I had the problem) that kept skipping at 0:15 (time left). When I skipped to that point or a point beyond that time, it kept going to the next song. I am puzzled.

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

So this one song is still skipping? If it's not an iTMS song, then maybe try converting it in the Advanced menu. :)

9. Shotglass thread starter macrumors 65816

Shotglass

I don't know what song had the problem in the first place, but I know it's the same artist as the one now. I will try converting it and keep looking for other songs that have the problem.

EDIT - second song, same artist, same problem.