iTunes 7 Video Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by monke, Sep 16, 2006.

1. monke macrumors 65816

monke

Just updated the old PeeCee to iTunes 7, and most (not all) of the video I had is now messed up.

Some video podcasts too, all I get are some strange multi coloured bars, like this:
    iTunes.JPG

Help?

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I had the same problem. Though it seemed to affect all QT files that were local including Sorenson MOV files and all of my MP4s. Thouigh not stuff online. :confused:

Ultimately I beleive the solution was to upgrade the drivers for my video card, although at around the same time I removed Quicktime and reinstalled it from the standalone installer.

So, I'd suggest: Remove QT7.1.3, Upgrade your video driver to the latest available, reinstall QT 7.1.3.

Here's the URL my QT installer was from: http://appldnld.apple.com.edgesuite....com/mcgonagail/us/win/QuickTimeInstaller.exe

B

3. cktc macrumors newbie

I found a solution.

Hi All,

I had the same problem too. I removed and then reinstalled QT with no improvement. But then I messed with some of the QT preferences and found a solution (at least it worked for my Toshiba notebook).

1. Go to QuickTime Preferences
    2. Advanced tab
    3. Uncheck "Enable Direct3D video acceleration"

Man, I'm glad it worked out. I practically live off of video podcasts now.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
    cktc.
    www.hyperstitious.com

4. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I suspected it was something like that that was fixed in my case with updating the video driver... It probably had more recent Driect3D support.

B