iTunes 7...what did you do Apple??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by calyxman, Oct 18, 2006.

1. calyxman macrumors 6502a

Apr 17, 2005
    Ok, call me late-in-the-game, but I decided to heed my software update and installed the latest iTunes. Now I regret doing that.

The new interface is just plain ugly: no more aqua scroll bars; no more blue accents when clicking on the any of the buttons in the interface; the equalizer button is missing; the visualizer button is missing...

I can't even figure out how to change the iTunes equalizer from full screen to working inside the app window--unless Apple changed it to be full screen only.

I even see the 90 degree corners of the application, whereas beforehand it used to have rounded corners.

This program is looking more and more like a Windows application.:(
  2. NicP macrumors 6502

Jun 14, 2005
    The equalizer opens in a window not full screen? If you are talking about the visualizer then command-F toggles between fullscreen.

The visualizer is still accessible via hot-key, you can configure a hot-key for the equalizer too.

The corners are still rounded, just not as much. I quite like the new look, each to their own i guess.
  3. Forced Perfect macrumors 6502

Forced Perfect

Jul 2, 2004
    Toronto, Canada.
    Yeah, I like it too. And I had no bugs or crashes. Well, okay, it didn't realize it needed to update my iPod right away, but other than that no problems. I recommend it, but hey, like he said.
  4. iJaz macrumors 6502a

Dec 16, 2004
    Choosing chapters in a podcast.... why on earth did they remove that button?
    And added this to the menu bar, seriously???
  5. youngestchild macrumors regular

Feb 22, 2005
    wow thanks... i thought the chapters button had just gone missing on my itunes! that's just stoopid to move it to the menus... ah! why would they do that!?! :confused:
  6. Markleshark macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2006
    Carlisle, Up Norf!
    I like it, and I think just because you can't use it [yet] doesn't mean its more Windows Like.

Aqua is dated now, this look is fresh and clean.
  7. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Sep 7, 2006
    I like it- apart from the black shiny scroll bars in CF.
  8. Gymnut macrumors 68000

Apr 18, 2003
    Yeah I wish Apple would allow you to customize which buttons you want a la Safari or the Finder. I guess they felt it was prudent to remove the Visualizer and Equalizer buttons in favor of placing more practical buttons such as Burn Disc, Browse, and Eject Disc on the lower right hand corner.
  9. Royale w/cheese macrumors 6502a

Jun 5, 2007
    I don't know, it's fine to me. I guess I have just gotten used to the changes that seem to be in every update.
  10. cluthz macrumors 68040

Jun 15, 2004
    Worst thing about itunes 7 is that it runs like a dog, it is really slow compared to 6. I think my library load time tripled with 7 vs 6.

I got much small soundfiles and audiobooks so i have over 45000 files in my library, but no cover art etc.
  11. Shadow macrumors 68000

Feb 17, 2006
    Keele, United Kingdom
    You could try UNO or Aqua4iTunes; they really make it loads nicer :)
  12. Cromulent macrumors 603

Oct 2, 2006
    The Land of Hope and Glory
    I like the iTunes 7 interface, it looks a little slicker than iTunes 6 did. I guess your going to hate Leopard as they have pretty much based everything on the iTunes 7 interface.

Also I have found it to be extremely stable never really had a problem with it at all.