iTunes 7

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Peyton, Feb 6, 2006.

1. Peyton macrumors 68000

Peyton

Hey I think the next iTunes HAS to have lyrics. It would be too cool to be able to search either the library or store for songs by typing lyrics only. You can even sample the lyrics before buying. Imagine, the explicit songs could warn parents, and the clean version could show what interesting variation they used instead. ALSO, when you buy the song, you get the lyrics, you have the choice to add them to your pod or not, but you get the lyrics SPOKEN on iTunes if you want, or a window that will scroll them as the song progresses.

What do you think?

2. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I don't really see why this is necessary when there are tons of ways to get lyrics, but why spoken? It could be done easily with OS X's build in speech function, but if you want to hear the lyrics, just listen to the song!!!!

3. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

Why in God's name would you want an annoying as heck computer voice reading you lyrics from a song? o_O

4. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I agree that they don't need to be spoken on your computer when you can just listen to the song. Some of your other points I think are good ideas though. I don't really think any of the things you are asking for need to be for iTunes 7, rather they could be put in the 6.1 version of iTunes. I also don't see the need for the explicit/clean version. When you buy a song in iTunes it already says if it's the explicit or clean version. I guess one good thing about that would be to make sure you get the clean version of the lyrics when you have the clean version of the song. I know with the widgets that grab the lyrics for you they usually get the explicit lyrics.

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

indeed but the lyric thing sounds nice.

Bless

6. Peyton thread starter macrumors 68000

Peyton

Well, ok, maybe I was getting too crazy... maybe kids, or someone who can't read, and can't understand quickly sung lyrics need them spoken :rolleyes: I'm really searching here. What else should they add?

I personally don't like the new look all that much, I'd like it to be skinable, and for heaven's sake, get a new visualizer. I don't use it, but look at it and you'll know why.

7. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I would like the lyrics idea. It would make it the most complete music program out there.....wait it already is:D

8. calculus Guest

calculus

It would be great to have a feature where the lyrics are sung to you...

9. DaftUnion macrumors 6502a

DaftUnion

lol, compare the visualizer to wmp standard visualizer, and there's no comparison...I think iTunes visualizer is quite good:)

10. Platform macrumors 68030

Platform

What about just more speed ;)

But what I really want it BT integration to podcasts ;)

11. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

I love it. Some players have over complicated visualizers that can really tax the CPU. Not iTunes.

12. Loge macrumors 68020

Loge

Perhaps with music from the song in the background? ;)

13. calculus Guest

calculus

...that would work for me!