Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
So I just updated iTunes to 9.1.1 and now I'm getting this crazy message..

Everything has been working fine up until I updated to 9.1.1

Just to make sure I checked out System Pref > Security and I don't even have the firewall turned on so does anyone know what's going on???

The Apple Tv shows up in iTunes, but if I go to the Apple Tv and try to play a movie it says it can't locate the library...

My movies are all stored on an external HD and have been for quite sometime..

Attachments

• iTunes.jpg
    iTunes.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 118

cubbie5150

macrumors 6502a
Mar 4, 2007
Huh, <knocks on wood> everything is working peachy for me now after almost a solid year of issues, so I will be avoiding this iTunes update. Not gonna risk it... Sorry, totally unresponsive to your question..

rshillshooter81

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2010
I have updated to itunes 9.1.1 on my imac, my library is on a 8TB NAS and i have had zero problems, i run 5 apple tv's off of it.

I don't think it has anything to do with the update.

If you drop your apple tv's shared connection to your itunes, then readd it back to itunes (using the code) does it find itunes okay?

sonictonic

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2006
San Jose, California
That message pops up for me occasionally too, and well before this update. Usually the fix is to restart iTunes, or in the prefs of iTunes to uncheck "look for Apple TV's", let it disappear form the sources, then go in and re-check it.

I don't know why it happens sometimes but that works for me.

fpnc

macrumors 68000
Oct 30, 2002
San Diego, CA
Just restart iTunes, or restart the Mac/PC, or restart the Apple TV (try in that order but don't leave iTunes running/linked when you restart the Apple TV). This message will nearly always appear if you restart the Apple TV while it is still connected to iTunes (i.e. having iTunes running while you restart the Apple TV).

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
Possibly related: I had issues with my AppleTV not playing content, etc. What I found out was that either the ethernet jack or the cable might be a little out of spec and the cable wasn't making a solid connection. So far, any time that it hiccups, I do the usual troubleshooting stuff, and then I check the connection. It fixes it every time, so far...

FSUSem1noles

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Thanks everyone I just got it working today, oddly enough I had to move 1 of the movies stored on the external into the iTunes music > movies folder of computer HD, then performed a sync and that seemed to fix it. So I deleted the movie from the comp HD and did a test sync with the apple tv and it went without a hitch..

Very strange..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.