itunes AAC files...no conversion???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bhennies, Jan 30, 2005.

1. Bhennies macrumors 6502

Hey all,

I am looking to convert some AAC files I downloaded from itunes music store to AIFF so I can cut them up in Pro Tools for DJ use. Any way to do this with 3rd party software?

EDIT: also, there seems to be a stated limit to 7 CD playlist burns with music store AAC's. Does that mean I can just create a new playlist and then burn it again, or is it 7 burns period? Anyway around this?

T'anks

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

Sorry, it's part of the DRM in the iTMS, (and in every other online music store for that matter). You can import the track into iMovie (at least iMovie 4) and export the AIFF, or you can burn the track to a CD-RW and re-import it.

3. Bhennies thread starter macrumors 6502

ahhh...I couldn't think of software that imported AAC, but that's a good idea.

4. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

It is 7 burns of a specific playlist... just reorder them or use your favorite song in a different playlist without a problem. The reason for this is to prevent you from downloading an album and just burning a copy for everyone you know.

5. Bhennies thread starter macrumors 6502

that's good. I was hoping that was the case. I figured that 7 burns period would be a little harsh.