itunes aac to mp3 cd

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jaws01, Jan 12, 2007.

1. jaws01 macrumors member

I have some of my music encoded in the AAC format and some in MP3 format. I have a playlist that is mixed with both formats. When I try to burn a playlist on to a disc it gives me a warning saying:

"Some of the files can not be burned to an MP3 CD. Do you still want to burn the remainder of this playlist?"

My question is there some way to burn a playlist that is mixed with different formats AAC and MP3? I check my preferences and in the advanced, burning section I have selected disc format --> MP3 CD.

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

You can either burn the playlist as an audio CD or you can convert the AACs to MP3.

If they're AAC tracks you ripped yourself, you can set your importing preferences to MP3 and just convert them (although you'll have better quality if you go back to the original source and re-rip them in MP3). Or, if they're from the iTunes Store, you'd have to burn them as an audio CD and then re-rip them as MP3.

3. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

If you really wanted an MP3 CD (a CD with up to ten hours of music which can be played on some portable CD players, and on many DVD players), read the previous post. By the way, many DVD players will play DVDs in "MP3 CD" format, so you can burn 1000 songs or more on a DVD and play them on your DVD player.

If you want an audio CD, choose "Audio CD". If you want a backup of your music, choose "Data CD"; that will create backups of anything in iTunes; use this also to create backups on DVD.