iTunes account credit to cash?

Discussion in 'Wasteland' started by applecredit, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macrumors newbie

I am not sure where to ask this, so sorry if I posted this in the wrong section.

I have close to $900 in my itunes account, and I want to convert these to cash.
    What I was thinking of doing is create a dev account, make an app, list for ~$900, and buy it myself. I know I will only get 70% of it, and spending $100 for a dev account. So, will apple allow me to do this?

2. macrumors 68020

macingman

No. Making an app is harder then you think also.

This idea sounds like it could be illegal some how. I'm not sure if it is but it just sounds a bit fishy.

Anyway apple wouldn't allow it anyway.

3. macrumors 6502

Just out of interest why would you have $900 in your itunes account. Pretty sure it could be classed as money laundering as you could in effect clean dirty money.

4. macrumors regular

Yeah I agree with the other poster this is not a good idea at all.

5. thread starter macrumors newbie

They were from itunes gift cards. I've never thought of it as money laundering, but at $900, I don't think it's really that big of a deal.

6. macrumors 6502

I believe people have been able to exchange itunes gift vouchers for apple store vouchers but once it has been added to your itunes account you are pretty much stuck with it there. Go mad buy a few apps some music and films it will be gone in no time :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.