iTunes account hacked

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPod touch Apps' started by greytmom, Sep 13, 2011.

1. macrumors 68030

greytmom

I have done a search but don't see anything addressing this particular issue: My account was hacked tonight and a game downloaded, and the person is now doing in-app purchases. She/He has already racked up about $100 in charges. I've instituted a PayPal dispute, changed iTunes and PayPal passwords, deauthorized all computers then reauthorized just this one, removed my PayPal account from iTunes, etc.

I thought I would go ahead and do the "report a problem" tool through iTunes as well, but when I click on the link to report a problem, it just takes me to the internet. I've signed in several times to try and use the tool, but it won't let me. Any ideas?

I think when someone does an in-app purchase, it asks for password... is that correct? So, since I've changed mine, the person shouldn't be able to do any further purchases?

Any help you can give as to any other steps I should take would be most appreciated.

2. macrumors G5

Macman45

Changing Your Password

Should prevent the individual from making any more unauthorised purchases but you need to get in touch with Apple about this.....If the person is someone you know they may be able to hack your account again....Phone the support number for iTunes:

http://www.apple.com/contact/

They will be able to help you.