iTunes/Airport express problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sonyrules, Nov 14, 2004.

1. sonyrules macrumors regular

I recently bought a Airport express, and i am trying to share files between one mac and one PC, this is my current setup.
    I have a cable Modem, Line goes to My vonages Phone adapter, (which has basic NAT and DHCP) Then it goes into a Netgear HUB. From there, One line goes to the PC (running win 2000), the other end goes to the Airport express. Both computers can get on the net, And i can use Airtunes on the Mac as well as the printer sharing. My problem is neither computer can see each other and i can not share music with itunes. When i plug my mac into the hub, Everything works fine. I follows some directions by opening ports in the airport express, but still does not work. Both Computers are on the same subnet, The PC's address is 192.168... and the macs is 10.0.....

If anyone can help with this, it would be greatly appreciated..

George Jr

2. mrplow macrumors member

Push the reset button on the Airport Express until it flashes differently and you know it has reset.. use the setup utility to select Join a network, instead of Creating a new network. By doing this all the machine connected to it (and express itself) should have the same 192.168.1.xxx ip range instead of creating a new 10.0.1.etc and then it should all work...

If it still doesnt work go into the settings and change them to look similar to your wired router (subnet mask, iip range, etc)

im sorry this isn't a perfect reply

3. sonyrules thread starter macrumors regular

Thank so much, I made just a slight variation to that, And it worked, And they can communicate again..

Thank you very much