iTunes Album Art Programs

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by untamedhysteria, Aug 10, 2005.

1. untamedhysteria macrumors regular

Jul 31, 2005
    I know there are a few programs out there to import album art for your music, but my question is this: Is there one that imports the art that is scalable and the same size as Apple's own when you buy them?

It's just a small thing that bugs me, but hopefully someone else has the same issue that I'm having...
  2. Electric Monk macrumors member

Jan 9, 2005
    Problem is that Amazon (the source for all this album artwork) has their artwork in various sizes, rarely as big as Apple's own. Also the various get artwork programs don't access the customer submitted images which may be of better quality.

If you really need Apple's artwork then you could always buy one song from each CD you already have and just copy over Apple's artwork to the rest of the songs. Expensive, but typically the artwork you're going to find simply isn't going to be as big, or good quality.

The doing it by hand option via Google Image will probably net somewhat better results, at the cost of taking much much more time.
  3. m-dogg macrumors 65816

Mar 15, 2004
    Have you tried Clutter yet? I think that pulls in nice-sized images...
  4. untamedhysteria thread starter macrumors regular

Jul 31, 2005
    yeah tried clutter...doesn't do what i want (gets it from amazon too). But i did do an image search on google and it found ones with great quality (just as good as Apples) for the idea Electric it's nice to use for the widgets and screensavers
  5. Jay42 macrumors 65816

Jul 14, 2005
  6. mturrell macrumors newbie

Aug 13, 2005
    Getting Album Covers for iTunes

:rolleyes: I've tried Fetch Art, Clutter as well as going directly to sites like CD-WOW to find album art. WAY better than any of these is just to do an "image search" in Google and you have a choice of size and colour variations. AND it's very quick.