Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacMumm

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 4, 2003
Oregon
I am wondering if somebody knows of a better source for album art than the usual Fetch Art, Clutter, etc.? The resolution of the files from Amazon and Walmart are just not quite up there with what we are getting from the ITMS now.

On another note, I am planning on scanning my cover art from my own CD's in, and trying to figure out the best resolution. I did a screen capture on a song I downloaded today from the ITMS, and it seems to be 900x900 pixes, 72 dpi. This process will be quite extensive, but having the correct size and quality would sure be nice.

Any suggestions? :)

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
MacMumm said:
I am wondering if somebody knows of a better source for album art than the usual Fetch Art, Clutter, etc.? The resolution of the files from Amazon and Walmart are just not quite up there with what we are getting from the ITMS now.

On another note, I am planning on scanning my cover art from my own CD's in, and trying to figure out the best resolution. I did a screen capture on a song I downloaded today from the ITMS, and it seems to be 900x900 pixes, 72 dpi. This process will be quite extensive, but having the correct size and quality would sure be nice.

Any suggestions? :)
I found out by accident that you can grab some (not all) album art off of iTMS.

Here's what you do.

1. Find a song on iTMS.
2. Drag the song onto a playlist.
3. Play the sample from your playlist.
4. The album art is sometimes displayed.

It doesn't seem to work for art that has been updated to the new, bigger size.

Try it with Bloodhound Gang - Hooray for B**bies. I know that one works for sure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.