iTunes Album Art

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pjgulliver, Oct 12, 2004.

1. pjgulliver macrumors newbie

I have about 30 gigs of music and too much time to kill, so I've decided to try to add album art from Amazon to my tracks. Ok, easy enough, you just drag and drop the art into "Drag Album Art Here" square.

Now, maybe I'm an idiot, but I can only figure out how to add art to individual tracks, rather than to an entire album. Is there a way I can add art to all tracks in an album at once?

2. St Soichiro macrumors regular

Very easy - select multiple tracks (using shift-click or apple-click) and drag-drop the album art in the "Drag Album Artwork Here" box.

Cheers

3. bankshot macrumors 65816

bankshot

Additionally, I've found Clutter to be a nice time saver when I went through and added album art to my ~4300 song collection. It grabs the images from Amazon directly without you having to do the legwork of searching for the album. If you can't find the album on Amazon, you can have it query Google Images. It then has a menu option to add the album art to iTunes, which copies it to all songs in the album.

My only real complaint was that the copying to iTunes was a bit slow, and there's no keyboard shortcut for that action. Otherwise, works great. I don't use it for its main feature, though, which is to have icons of all your albums 'cluttering' up your desktop. To each his own, though! :rolleyes: