itunes alternitive...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cjldrumz238, Jun 29, 2006.

1. cjldrumz238 macrumors newbie

itunes is a cool progrom minus one MAJOR flaw... the little gaps between songs. No matter what itunes says (crossfadeplayback, The "no gaps" setting or the "join cd tracks" setting) non of these actually work for no gaps... For my Grateful Dead live shows i need a music library program that will basicly hold my music and be able to update my ipod with no gaps that works for mac. Someone please help me out...

2. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

The iPod is not a gapless player. It's not iTunes that's the problem but the iPod itself.

It's at a very early stage at the moment but you can replace the operating system onboard the iPod with Rockbox, a community-engineered alternative to the Apple standard firmware. It offers gapless playback.

It's not fully stable at the moment, there are numerous flaws and you lose iTunes integration so you will need to drag & drop your music in Finder. It's a method which is very tiresome if you have a large music library but is favoured by nerds everywhere, probably because most of their music is stolen and badly tagged.

http://www.rockbox.org/