Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
In the last version or so of iTunes I see it always "Accessing iTunes Store" where this didn't happen before. It happens ALL the time now, even just clicking from one song to another. Anyone have any idea what's going on?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
In the last version or so of iTunes I see it always "Accessing iTunes Store" where this didn't happen before. It happens ALL the time now, even just clicking from one song to another. Anyone have any idea what's going on?
What options do you have checked under iTunes > Preferences > Store?

eatbacon

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2003
I am getting that message between every letter I type in the search box. It is driving me crazy. It makes it nearly impossible to search for anything.

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
I am getting that message between every letter I type in the search box. It is driving me crazy. It makes it nearly impossible to search for anything.

Yup, same thing here. Absolutely stupid. Not sure what the problem is but it seems like it is a fundamental problem with iTunes and some people, regardless of platform.

Sarah3698

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2011
iTunes seems to be breaking down

iTunes used to be smooth and seamless. Now that persistent "accessing iTunes store" intrudes, hangs, prevent access to library. Internet connection is fine; computer in constant use for work. Darned if I can remember whether this mess-up started with downloading the latest version, but I think it did. iTunes has suddenly become clunky, mostly unusable, and a disaster. I'm holding back on buying music until this is straightened out.

NB: I have had contact recently with iTunes "help" (on another issue) and have not found them to be helpful. So I'm not very hopeful about iTunes tech support fixing the "accessing iTunes store" problem anytime soon!

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Yup, same thing here. Absolutely stupid. Not sure what the problem is but it seems like it is a fundamental problem with iTunes and some people, regardless of platform.
I think it must be some setting, although I can't figure out what it might be. I don't have the symptom you describe, either on Leopard or Snow Leopard, so it's not something that affects everyone.

silverpanther

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2011
accessing itunes store

I just updated itunes to version 10.2.1. now i have the same problem. when i click on a song it stops and "accessing itunes store "come up.
Its very annoying. Any tips, tricks, solutions are welcome. Cause i can t find a setting to turn it off, i just do t know:)

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
One possible solution is offered in this thread: Topic : Accessing itunes store message?!!
I've fixed mine! From a little help from an apple adviser.

You might want to clear your caches before doing this - under iTunes preferences.

Open iTunes - go to the top bar, click the 'Store' drop down menu >
Then click 'De-authorise this Computer' >
Enter your password etc >
Then click 'Store' again then click 'Re-authorise this Computer'>
Enter password etc>
Restart the Mac>
Open up iTunes should be fine - worked for me anyway

Good Luck

jlsuger

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2011
de-authroize and re-authorize really works!

This really did fix a problem that seemed impossible to fix. Itunes would freeze upon opening and not respond at all while freezing with accessing itunes store in the status bar. I created another user account on my computer. Logged on as that user, and successfully opened itunes. Then clicked store, de-authorize this computer, and successfully confirmed de-authorization. Restarted the computer, logged in under my account, opened itunes. It prompted me to re-authorize this computer and enter my password. I did and it was up and running again!!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.