iTunes ALWAYS re-opens

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by buryyourbrideau, Sep 30, 2006.

1. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

pretty simple thread title eh?

well the problem is since ive updated to 7.0 and 7.0.1 that every time I quit iTunes that it reopens.

whether i hit apple + Q or go to the menu bar and choose quit, it will always quit and then re-open which is really annoying.

the only way it doesn't re-open is if i do a force quit which i dont want to have to do every time.

any ideas, ive tried repair permissions and re-installing iTunes.

2. XIII macrumors 68040

XIII

Do you have an iPod plugged in, which has the preference to open iTunes every time it is attached to the computer checked?

Just an idea.

3. buryyourbrideau thread starter macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

I definitely do not have that option selected, but good idea anyways to check.

nadda, no iTunes widget either

:confused:

4. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

I had that problem once; I restarted and no more problem. Have you rebooted since?

Not helpful. iTunes 7 has a lot of new features some people want to actually use.

5. ehayut macrumors member

I had this problem (Win XP, iTunes 5 or 6) for awhile and it was driving me crazy. Eventually, my computer needed a reformat for other reasons, and since I reformatted, the iTunes problem hasn't come back

6. DeFett macrumors member

DeFett

I had this problem as well. It seemed to come out of the blue as I had iTunes 7.0.1 for a while before it started to happen.

It stopped after I repaired permissions which you have done already so I can't really help, sorry.

7. ero87 macrumors 65816

ero87

I have this problem occasionally, i think it's SizzlingKeys related. Do you have that, or some other itunes-controller app installed?