itunes and 7-11

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by puckhead193, May 28, 2005.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i was on the itunes part and saw this... is this new or am i slow if u click on you get an invalid website...
    http://www.apple.com/itunes/

Attached Files:

• 711.jpg
      711.jpg
      File size:
      6.6 KB
      Views:
  2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

The link now takes you to a page to enter a 12 digit code.

3. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

that's odd when i click it i get Server error :confused: weird
    Looks like i'm going to get addicted to slurpees :p

4. Josh396 macrumors 65816

Josh396

I was just thinking the same thing. Oh well at least I'll have a reason now. :p

5. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Apple should tie in the free song promotion with health foods in school. Get students interested in eating healthy. No more of this sugared water crap promotions. :mad:

6. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

That's actually a pretty good idea since iPods are growing like crazy in younger kids but I don't think it would go over to well. I think kids would more likely just illegally download the songs and still eat whatever they want. Would be cool if it actually worked though.

7. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Yeah cool. I use to love them but havn't had one in like a year looks like i might have to start again.

8. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

sounds cool. only the nearest 7-11 to me (that i know of) is like 50mi away in san marcos. oh well :D

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

They actually were talking about doing that with fresh fruit, but I haven't heard anything about it since the rumor.

Couldn't this just be a remnant from the Pepsi thing? You could win by buying one of those large cups of soda at 7-11. Weird that it says Slurpee though. And it points to a page that says https://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects...ple.jingle.app.finance.DirectAction/undefined and FF freaks out. Guess it's a new way for me to get loaded up on sugar.

10. Inspector Lee macrumors 6502a

Inspector Lee

For last year's Pepsi/iTMS promo, the Big Gulps at the 7-11 in town had the Apple Logo on the cups. If you bought one, you had to take a scissors and make two vertical cuts along the lip and peel it back. This was nice because I could get a coke instead of a pepsi. However, this year they didn't run the promo...

re: healthy foods

I agree completely. But you gotta go with what sells I guess no matter how horrible it is for you. I'd probably be raking in the freebies if they gave away songs with salads, zucchini, etc.

On a side note, it is a twisted dream of mine to be in a public restroom and pull the last piece of teepee off the roll and see a ten digit code. :D