iTunes and Audiobooks

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by TheFallGuy, Jun 17, 2006.

1. TheFallGuy macrumors member

TheFallGuy

Okay, I'm going through a bunch of Audiobooks lately - yes, work is extremely boring and I need my iPod with books to keep me from gouging my eyes out.

I've noticed that when I import I will sometimes get several options for a particular CD within the Audiobook. Right now, I'm importing Two Towers and a couple times I get this "Please choose the correct ..." and it will give me two or more options (occasionally it just gets the correct one without the options). So I look at it and think, how do I know which is the correct one? At that point I choose one at random and hope it has the same format the others have had (Chapter XX, Title...). Sometimes it works, others it doesn't.

The problem is, I would like to be able to go back and take a look at the others before I confirm which 'correct' one it is. Does anyone know how to go about doing this or is this some weird function that iTunes will always get wrong? (Yes, as much as I love iTunes and my iPod, this really irks me.)

2. TheFallGuy thread starter macrumors member

TheFallGuy

3. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Just ignore cddb/gracenote when importing audiobooks. It doesn't have enough info to tell what each CD is because the tracks on an audiobook will often have similar lengths, such as when they split the track in 3:00 minute tracks. Personally I just import each CD as one file with join tracks and convert that to a M4B file to it'll properly be recognized as an Audiobook.

B