iTunes and Ipod/Ipod mini Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by birdMan, Feb 24, 2004.

1. birdMan macrumors newbie

Oct 5, 2003
    Ok, Sooo i'm really looking into getting an iPod (15g) or a Mini, but I am so torn.

My question is basically as follows, I have like 25+ gb of really good music that I listen to. So no matter what I am going to have to decide what to put on the ipod. How does this work in iTunes? How painful is it? Would it be less painful on the 15g compared to the mini?

..I wish I could friggen decide and just go buy one...

2. hugemullens macrumors 6502a

Dec 15, 2002
    you just make playlists. You can make smart playlists which organize by rating, genre, length, or you can manually make them. Then you just tell it to sync those playlist and off you go. I have an origonal 5gb and its not too painful. It still takes me about a month before i'm sick of whats on it and i switch everything out.
  3. fartheststar macrumors 6502a

Dec 29, 2003
    Re: iTunes and Ipod/Ipod mini Question

As the previous poster said, you can make playlists and put them on your iPod. However, the obvious limitation of a mini is that you can't put all your music on the thing at once. Are you prepared to live with only 20% of your music on your iPod at any one time?

You may say yes, 1000 songs is fine.

You may also feel that you can't live without more than that. Of course it would take you a long time to listen to them all, but you have the ability to do so whenever you want.

You'll still not have all your songs on the 15 gig, but you'll be closer. For an extra few bucks, I would get the 20 Gig, and you get a carry case, remote and dock included, which makes it easier to do more things with your iPod.

By the way, neither option is "painful", iTunes and the iPod are a snap. But it's a personal preference as to how much music you need access to on your iPod.

If you have lotsa dough, go for the 40GIG and put it all on there with room to grow.