itunes and sharing music

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jhomayne, Apr 25, 2005.

1. jhomayne macrumors regular

Mar 1, 2004
    here at uni we have a load of people who have itunes and make full use of its music sharing capabilities over the network but i have a few questions:

1. sometimes when trying to access a library i get the message "sorry this user only accepts 5 users a day" is this a feature of 4.7.1? i cant see any options to set limits. i never used to get it..

2. are there issues with sharing and different versions of itunes? some people are refusing to upgrade to the newest version of itunes because they claim that they can't share. however, i reckon that this is because the new version can only share with the new version. am i right?
  2. mcmav37 macrumors 6502

Dec 30, 2004
    Ann Arbor, MI

1. Yes, the user limit is apparently a new thing, but I can't say exactly what version it appeared with. This is another example of the music labels exerting their influence.

2. I can't comment on this one.
  3. Applespider macrumors G4

Jan 20, 2004
    looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I think the 5 user limit only appeared in the last version of iTunes which may be why people who like sharing their music aren't upgrading.
  4. Darwin macrumors 65816

Jun 2, 2003
    round the corner
    I'm in the same Uni scenario, fair enough that you are limited to 5 people on a Shared Libary, the annoying thing is that only those 5 people have access to it for the day :(

Suppose that is a good and bad thing :rolleyes: