iTunes and the sharing of album art

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JupiterZen, Mar 7, 2004.

1. JupiterZen macrumors regular

Jul 17, 2002
    Reality Maingrid 23 Subjunction 42A
    At home I use a Windows 2000 machine as fileserver, mailserver and so on. And I have iTunes for Windows running on it to share my music library to various Macs around the house and the WinXP laptop I need for my work. This works great, but there is one thing bothering me:

iTunes doesn't seem to share the album art I add to the albums/songs on the Windows 2000 machine. I thought it might be due to various versions of iTunes or the mix of Windows and Mac OS, so I made sure all versions were the same. And I tested if sharing did work between macs, but to no avail :(

So I'm beginning to believe it's not possible even though on the Apple website there is a mention about sharing album art :confused:

Google Cache Link (for highlighting :) )

Anybody else trying this and succeeding? Or somebody to help me out of my misery and confirm it's impossible. Because I would like the feature, but don't want to be searching the net for something impossible the rest of my days.

Thanx in advance.

2. paul lilley macrumors newbie

Mar 27, 2004
    I also had this problem. I have a G4 tower acting as my media server sharing music & photo's around my home.

In desperation, when wanting to view shared music's album art I clicked the title just about the album art 'Selected Song'. This then becomes 'Now Playing' and there you have your shared album art! Worked for me anyway.