iTunes and the sharing of album art

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JupiterZen, Mar 7, 2004.

1. JupiterZen macrumors regular

At home I use a Windows 2000 machine as fileserver, mailserver and so on. And I have iTunes for Windows running on it to share my music library to various Macs around the house and the WinXP laptop I need for my work. This works great, but there is one thing bothering me:

iTunes doesn't seem to share the album art I add to the albums/songs on the Windows 2000 machine. I thought it might be due to various versions of iTunes or the mix of Windows and Mac OS, so I made sure all versions were the same. And I tested if sharing did work between macs, but to no avail :(

So I'm beginning to believe it's not possible even though on the Apple website there is a mention about sharing album art :confused:

Google Cache Link (for highlighting :) )

Anybody else trying this and succeeding? Or somebody to help me out of my misery and confirm it's impossible. Because I would like the feature, but don't want to be searching the net for something impossible the rest of my days.

Thanx in advance.

:)

2. paul lilley macrumors newbie

I also had this problem. I have a G4 tower acting as my media server sharing music & photo's around my home.

In desperation, when wanting to view shared music's album art I clicked the title just about the album art 'Selected Song'. This then becomes 'Now Playing' and there you have your shared album art! Worked for me anyway.