Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fw221

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
Why does my iTunes app open up the App store instead of iTunes? My husband noticed it tonight for the first time (I don't think i'd tried it before). My search mojo seems to be lacking tonight, forgive me if this is duplicative.

mrboult

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2008
London, England
Simply. . . . There is no iTunes app on the iPad.

The app you are referring to is just the itunes store.

There is an orange 'iPod' app that is where your music will be, if you loaded any onto it/or bought any from the store on the iPad.

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I am not sure what are you guys talking about, my ipad have an Itunes and AppStore app, the iTunes app i can buy music, podcast, videos, tv shows, all that, it have different tabs and everything. The AppStore...well ....guess it... Allow me to by apps, magazines and such.

And the iPod.app is te media player.

not sure why you guys don't see it different, It looks just like on the iPhone with HD formatting

fw221

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
I am not sure what are you guys talking about, my ipad have an Itunes and AppStore app, the iTunes app i can buy music, podcast, videos, tv shows, all that, it have different tabs and everything. The AppStore...well ....guess it... Allow me to by apps, magazines and such.

And the iPod.app is te media player.

not sure why you guys don't see it different, It looks just like on the iPhone with HD formatting

No, you're right. There is a separate iTunes app that takes you to the iTunes store. When I'd click it, it would open to it briefly, then switch to the App Store. Very weird. I figured out how to fix it, but geez that was annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.