iTunes: Artist not showing up on device sync page.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coasterider, Jul 3, 2010.

1. macrumors regular

For some reason one artist, this happens to be The Beach Boys, is in my library, 6 albums 57 songs, but does not show up on the checkable sync page so I can put it onto my iPhone. All other artists are showing up, what is different about this one artist?

2. macrumors 6502

allan.nyholm

Similar thing here. Fleetwood Mac is not in the checkable list of artists to sync. I have created a playlist for this artist. You're not alone.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

Did you download them or rip it from a cd? I ripped my Beach Boys from the cds. Maybe that makes a difference. Once you put it as a playlist, where you able to remove it and keep the artist there?

4. macrumors 6502

allan.nyholm

I downloaded their greatest hits from iTunes a while back. It was just recently that I wanted to have them synced to my iPhone by using the new artist sync that I noticed it.

After I created the playlist I still see no sign of Fleetwood Mac on the artist sync page. I haven't tried removing the playlist yet. I've just settled with this solution.

5. macrumors regular

i guess you will find it somewhere else as a greatest hits collection might have the compilation-tag. check if this is the case and remove it.

Regards,
    Baguette

6. macrumors newbie

Try this it worked for me.

I went to the Get Info page for the the Album and found Album artist was empty even though Artist was there. So I added in Album Artist and it appeared on the iphone sync page.:)

7. thread starter macrumors regular

Figured it out, they were checked as compilations so it was not showing up as an artist, unchecked and now it works fine. Thank you Labaguette!