Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

coasterider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Washington, DC
For some reason one artist, this happens to be The Beach Boys, is in my library, 6 albums 57 songs, but does not show up on the checkable sync page so I can put it onto my iPhone. All other artists are showing up, what is different about this one artist?

coasterider

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Washington, DC
Did you download them or rip it from a cd? I ripped my Beach Boys from the cds. Maybe that makes a difference. Once you put it as a playlist, where you able to remove it and keep the artist there?

allan.nyholm

macrumors 68020
Nov 22, 2007
Aalborg, Denmark
Did you download them or rip it from a cd? I ripped my Beach Boys from the cds. Maybe that makes a difference. Once you put it as a playlist, where you able to remove it and keep the artist there?

I downloaded their greatest hits from iTunes a while back. It was just recently that I wanted to have them synced to my iPhone by using the new artist sync that I noticed it.

After I created the playlist I still see no sign of Fleetwood Mac on the artist sync page. I haven't tried removing the playlist yet. I've just settled with this solution.

Labaguette

macrumors regular
Feb 21, 2010
Good ol' Germany
i guess you will find it somewhere else as a greatest hits collection might have the compilation-tag. check if this is the case and remove it.

Regards,
Baguette

Stirlia

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2010
Try this it worked for me.

I went to the Get Info page for the the Album and found Album artist was empty even though Artist was there. So I added in Album Artist and it appeared on the iphone sync page.:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.