iTunes Artwork Screen Saver

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by greese, Nov 29, 2006.

1. greese macrumors newbie

Sep 22, 2006
    i'm a recent switcher and (man, feels like the start of an AA meeting) and after getting my songs into iTunes, i decided to use the iTunes Artwork screensaver. At the time, the only artwork i had in iTunes came with songs purchased from the itunes store.

With the new version of iTunes on my Mac, the missing artwork from my other songs is now in my library. But the iTunes Artwork screen saver ignores it and only shows the artwork that was in there initially and none of the stuff it downloaded later. I tried un-setting and re-setting the screen saver to kick it in to place but no luck.

Has anyone seen this or have any suggestions for fixing it?

2. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

Oct 1, 2005
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Hiiiii greese.

It probably has do to with the fact that the iTunes Album Art finder doesn't attach the art to the song files themselves but just dumps them in a folder.

The only thing I can think of to do to fix the problem would be to manually attach the album art to each album like you would normally do or do it automatically with another app like CoverScout.

Hopefully Apple with fix this in the next revision of iTunes because it is annoying.
  3. greese thread starter macrumors newbie

Sep 22, 2006
    I found a script to embed artwork at dougs scripts. That straightened it out.