itunes artwork - trying to figure this out...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Jazzman25, Mar 13, 2007.

1. Jazzman25 macrumors member

Jan 15, 2007
    Today after using itunes for more than 6 months, I finally started thinking about completing my library's artwork. I have close to 2000 songs - most of them obtained outside of itunes store. For a minority of those, iTunes did manage to fetch the artwork exactly like it is supposed to be in iTunes 7, but for the vast majority no such luck. The albums are available in the iTunes store, and the details (id3 tag) are perfectly the same. What's wrong here. I have been browsing the web for the last hour, including many posts here. There seems to be a problem with the way this function is implemented in iTunes 7, but I see so many descriptions and so many scenarios I can't get my head around them :confused:

Is there a possibility to sort this one out? Is there an external utility (needless to say I have a Mac)? I know there were plenty of those around but it seems that they are not working with V7?
  2. TheSpaz macrumors 604

Jun 20, 2005
    I have the same problem. While most of my covers were found with iTunes, some of them are not (even with the same info as you mentioned). It doesn't make sense to me either. Also, I hate how some of iTunes artwork comes in as low res as 300x300... that's is CRAP. Sometimes I can't even find a 600x600 resolution album art on Google. It's very annoying. I can see that if I was pirating music, then I wouldn't have a reason to complain about low res art but, I bought this music fair and square from iTunes so I deserve the high res. artwork.
  3. zblaxberg Guest

Jan 22, 2007
    I have the same problem too and have no clue whats wrong...
  4. taytho macrumors 6502

Jun 22, 2005
    KC, MO
  5. CliveA macrumors newbie

Feb 25, 2007
    Can't you just manually import an image (found somewhere on the net or scanned) into each album (select all songs in one album, then command-I)?

Or have I misunderstood?
  6. John Jacob macrumors 6502a

John Jacob

Feb 11, 2003
    Columbia, MD
    I have a similar problem - since I live in India I can't create an ITMS account and download artwork for free. So I use FetchArt instead. :D