iTunes "Ate" Song, Refuses to Import It Again

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dotnina, Sep 21, 2004.

1. dotnina macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2004
    I noticed that iTunes "dropped" one of my favorite songs ... it just disappeared from the library. (It's possible I deleted it by accident, but I doubt that ... it's one of my favorite songs, after all!)

I had another copy of the song elsewhere on my hard drive, so I tried to use the "Import" feature to bring it in. However, it doesn't add the song to the library, and doesn't give me any sort of error message. I've tried opening and closing iTunes, restarts, repair permissions, etc ... no luck.

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

Jun 6, 2003
    Solon, OH
    Importing the song doesn't work, but dragging the song to the iTunes icon (either the dock icon or the application icon in the Applications folder, or the Library icon inside iTunes if it is open) will.
  3. dotnina thread starter macrumors 6502a

Aug 19, 2004
    Doh! I was afraid the answer would be something horribly simple like that. I'll try that when I get home, thanks. :)
  4. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Sep 3, 2004
    London, UK
    Maybe iTunes just doesn't like your taste in music! :)
  5. jimjiminyjim macrumors 6502

Feb 24, 2003
    It does warrant the question "What on earth is that stupid 'import' selection for?" Get with the program Apple. You develop Apple computers with software to match. It's supposed to work... just like that... according to how we the users think it should work - and according to what we think the word "import" means. "Import" is my biggest complaint about iTunes, besides the fact that I can't buy any music yet, because I'm in Canada.