iTunes Audio CD Denied

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FuzzyBallz, Sep 13, 2004.

1. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

So my friend tried to burn a couple tracks purchased from iTMS the other day and got hit w/ this -

[​IMG]

I think you get to burn a track to CD 7 times, but my friend hasn't even burned 1 time yet. What gives? This track was purchased back in March. Is there an expiration date on iTMS tracks?

2. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

that playlist shown in the pic, is that the thing trying to be burned?

if so check the check box.

3. FuzzyBallz thread starter macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz

4. applebum macrumors 6502

The first time I tried to burn a CD in iTunes, I made this mistake. I spent 2 days looking at the forums on Apple and at iPodLounge. I never saw a thread that said check the box. Finally, I thought - do I have to check the box of every song when it is in a playlist? - so I did and of course it burned...finally. Having to put the songs in a playlist and then having to check the boxes as well - not necessarily the most intuitive Apple has ever been.

5. dotnina macrumors 6502a

:D

Shame on Apple, though ... they usually have better error messages. If they hired me I'd write something more helpful, like,

"Please select songs to burn to CD."
    --or--
    "Check the box already!"

For giggles, I just tried doing this on my Powerbook. Lo and behold, although I didn't check which songs I'd like to burn, it started burning. So, I guess this error message is exclusive to Windows?

PS: Now I have a CD with three Everclear songs on it. :p