Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dazboardrider

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
This may already be in a earlier thread but I cant seem to find any answers to my problem!

I have just downloaded some TV shows from itunes and when I go to play them it says "this song is not authorized to play on this computer" Then under that it says "you can open itunes to authorize this song"

Hmmm well Im already in itunes!:mad:

Then I click open itunes and i says "Waiting for itunes to authorize this computer to play MYFILE.m4v"

I have successfully authorized my computer numerously and it is currently authorized! So why cant I play the file???

Ive tryed De-authorizing then Re-authorizing, restarting itunes, restarting the computer and still it does the same thing.

This is so dam annoying I have $100 worth of tv shows I cant play! And Apple support are taking a long time to get back to me! This is my last option, please help someone!:(

dazboardrider

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
Sorry forgot to mention that im using itunes 7.0.1

With a mac PowerPC G4 running OSX 10.4.8.

HouseHeadNY

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2006
same exact problem hear!

that whole, open i tunes thing is driving me nuts! if you highlight a video in itunes and hit command r it opens it in finder, drag that video to quicktime and then try to authorize from there, it lets you authorize, but plays in a gray screen? im posting my updates on this at this forum! let me know if you get anywhere with this problem that alot of people seem to be having!

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/239016/

dazboardrider

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 1, 2006
i asked apple support for help.

They replyed after 2 days and said i need to update to 7.0.1

Well I already have it!!!!:mad:

I replyed, then 2 days later they said I need to reinstall itunes and quicktime.

Hmmmm did that still not working!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Wonder what they will have to say this time! Right now im not recommending anyone wasting money on itunes!!!!!!!!

HouseHeadNY

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2006
itunes 7.0.1 authorization problem FIXED!

itunes 7.0.1 authorization problem FIXED!
so after convincing apple to do phone support on this issue and spending 5 hourso n the phone with NO FIX. i decided that i was lookin at the issue in the wrong way, i noticed that no only was i unable to authorize my videos or songs but i was no aboe to PREVIEW ANY VIDEOS IN ITUNES MUSIC STORE EITHER this made me thing that it was not a itunes issue BUT A QUICKTIME ISSUE emember there was a update for quicktime along with the update to itunes!! after these steps i am totally fixed, both the authorization problem and the greyed out video and preview problem!

1 first, i did a permissions repair as well as a disc repair! i noteced a problem wehn verifiying my disc, so i did a disc repair, might not have anything to do with this issue, but to be safve, run disc utitltiy repair of both permissins and disc repair.

2. trash your mac hd/library/caches folder A MUST

3. move your hd/llibrary/quicktime/components folder to your desktop to use after reinstalling quicktime ALSO A MUST, IF YOU KEEP THAT FOLDER QUICKTIME WILL NOT INSTALL PROPERLY

4. remove the quicktime reciept installer, its in mac hd/ library/receipts/quicktime YOU CAN JUST TRASH THAT, ITS JUST A INSTALLER THAT WE WILL DOWNLAOD ANYWAY.

5. TRASH QUICKTIME ITSELF!

6. RE DOWNLOAD FROM APPLE.COM/QUICTIME.

RESTART

VUUAAALLLAA!!!!

HOPE YOU GUYS HAVE SUCCESS! LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS!

PAUL

HouseHeadNY

macrumors newbie
Jan 17, 2006
ITUNES 7.0.1 authorization problem FIXED!

I Did Also Trash Any And All Quicktime Prefs In The userfoler/library/preferences Folder, Before Re Installing Quicktime. Most Of Them Were Com.apple.quicktime....

Good Luck, Let Me Know If It Works

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.