itunes authorization question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by steamboat26, Aug 25, 2006.

1. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

steamboat26

Alright, you know how when you buy songs, you can authorize them to play on 5 computers? Well i have used all 5 of my authorizations, and i am wondering if there is any way to "take them back" or something. I plan to get a computer when i go to college, so will i be able to undo the authorization say on my friends computer, in order to free up an authorization for my new computer?
    Sorry if this is kinda confusing, it doesn't really make sense to me...:confused:

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Yes, if you log into your account in iTunes, you can reset the authorizations to zero. You then have to reauthorize the ones you want to keep.

Technically, you can only do this once per year, but if you ask reeeeaaallly nicely, Apple might let you do it a second time...just something to keep in mind for the future.

3. steamboat26 thread starter macrumors 65816

steamboat26

Congrats, you were first this time! :D
    Anyways, thanks for all your help, you just seem to have all my answers today :cool:

4. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Thanks and you're welcome!

The only reason I was first was because PlaceofDis isn't on right now...he seems to have my number today! :D