iTunes Authorization

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by dsyntax, Nov 20, 2004.

1. dsyntax macrumors member

ok so my iBook had its second logic board failure, I sent it in, and they repaired it. Before I sent it in, I was using all 5 of my authorizations, but now its like it counts my computer as a new one, says "You have already authorized 5." Who do I talk to at apple to get this fixed? (I can't deauthorize any others at the moment) thanks

doops

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

You are allowed 5 systems and that's it, if 1 or 2 of these old system are actually the same machine as your current one (but from previous logic boards), why can't you remove them and add you current system (with it's new board)?

3. dotnina macrumors 6502a

:confused:
    I thought the only way to deauthorize a system was from the system itself?

4. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

I have no idea :eek: All I know is that you can only have 5, I just assumed (I know, mistake!) that you'd be able to authorize/de-authorize from anywhere. Sorry.

5. dotnina macrumors 6502a

That's okay edesignuk. :)

I'm not 100% on this, but I seem to remember some threads where people bemoaned that they couldn't deauthorize a computer except from the computer itself. :/ I'll try to hunt this down. dsyntax -- you might want to try a search on the forums as well ... unfortunately, you may be SOL on this. :(

Edit: Okay, sorry, you're not totally SOL!

Check this out:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=82963

It looks like you might be able to contact Apple, explain the situation, have them deauthorize all your computers, and then you can go back and individually authorize everything. :) You (you personally) can't, however, remotely de-authorize a computer. Hope that's helpful.