iTunes burning in MP3 CD format

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Deepdale, May 12, 2005.

1. Deepdale macrumors 68000

May 4, 2005
    New York
    Last week I burned four CD's on my brother-in-law's iMac G5 (OS 10.3.8) in the MP3 format. Each playlist had 150 total songs and the subsequent burning process appeared to go smoothly.

However, when I brought the CD's to my office and played them back, the following surprises awaited:

1. The LCD display on my audio player indicated that only 130 songs were on the first CD.

2. At least 25 of the 130 played for approximately 20-30 seconds before abruptly stopping before the next track began.

3. Another 15-20 selections played but then stopped with at least 15-20 left before the natural ending of the song.

The other three CD's suffered the same fate. A similar pattern occurred when I attempted this on my older iMac G3 450 Mhz system in OS 9.1. Are the burning of discs in the MP3 CD format not ready for prime time yet?
  2. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

Mar 1, 2005
    you should check how big the cd-r is

i.e. if it is a 80 min, how much memory can it hold

also check the playlists that you burned and see how much memory they took up

this would definetly cause a problem in the cd as you mentioned
  3. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

Mar 18, 2005
    If only 130 appeared on the CD and you tried to put on 150, odds are the 20 songs that didn't make the cut, were not imported as MP3's. You cannot burn AAC tracks on a MP3 CD. I kept having this problem when I was trying to burn MP3's. I just had to convert the tracks to MP3 format. It worked perfectly for me. As for your other issues, I have no clue what that could be.