iTunes burning question

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by uhlawboi80, Dec 3, 2003.

1. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

ok, for the first time i was taking some music i bought from ITMS and burning it onto an audio disk so that i could take it to my PC and re-rip it as an MP3 so i could put it on my (non-iPod) mp3 player. Only thing is, i get the CD into my PC and it wont recognize the cd, so i look at it on my mac again and it burned the songs as AIFF files. WTF, why isnt it burning my CDs as wave files all of a sudden?

i looked at the iTunes prefrences and i cant find a location for burning output option. THEN when i try to read a CD that i made from the tracks it tries to auto find the song titles etc and it gives me a list to choose from, none of which are the actual song!!

this is my first experience trying to move about music with ITMS purchased songs...but if this is what im going to be dealing with i will go back to either buying CDs in hard copy or getting it elsewhere online!

2. NP3 macrumors regular

Correct me if i'm wrong..but an audio cd means all the files are uncompressed...meaning aiff format. Usually when you re-import onto another computer you specify that you want it as wave files. Your PC should recognize the cd as a standard audio cd...i've burned many audio disks for your exact reason.