Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tonywalker23

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 21, 2003
SC
I wanted to make a 4.1 gb backup of some songs. I made the playlist and set it to burn a data dvd. i starts and says it is initializing when i put the dvd in. i whrils around for about 5 min then spits the dvd out and says 'medium burn write error'

so i dragged 350+ mp3's onto finder floders on the desktop (off topic but i could only drag 100 mp3s out of itunes and drop them on the folders, had to make folders with groups of 100 mp3s and then reconsolidate into one folder)

i then used finder to make a burn folder and dragged the desktop folder containg the mp3s into it and it burned successfully using the same disc itunes said it had an error with.

my workaround will do but its a pain having to copy 4gb to the desktop when itunes should just burn the dvd itself.

any thoughts about this, thanks in advance

ps - powermac g4 gigabit ethernet dual 450mhz 832 mb ram, 120 gb hd, tiger and itunes all up-to-date,

thanks
tony w

The Bible Podcast: http://www.preachertony.com

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Maybe (and I don't know about this because I've never burned a DVD in OSX) try slowing the burn speed down in the iTunes Preferences (in the Advanced tab, under Burning). I have a combo drive so for me, these preferences only apply to burning CDs but perhaps they'll extend to DVDs if you have a super drive. It's worth a try, but I'm not 100% sure it'll work. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.