itunes can't do everything or can it?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by buywisdom, Mar 1, 2006.

1. buywisdom macrumors member

I have this problem. I have alot of music to manage (~130GB all full albums) and I would like to create a "smart" playlist that will pick a random album from all my music if the album has one or more songs with playcounts greater than or equal to 1. I have not yet listened to all the music and would like to discover it albums at a time. I asked a few people at the Apple store, I have seached Doug's apple scripts to no avail. Am I missing something or is itunes incapable of this kind of inteligence. I wish I could get itunes to put these albums on my ipod.

I also have another issue, I have all my music on an external drive and I would like to reinstall OSX but I do not want to lose playcounts or ratings, is there a way of imbeding this information into the .mp3/.acc file. I know that I could just save the itunes library file but is there another way?

2. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

Nope, you've got to save the library file.

Unless of course you have an iPod and are willing to buy iPod.iTunes to transfer all of your playcount/playlist info back to your computer. But why pay $20 and risk losing the info when you can just copy the file? It's really the simplest way.