itunes can't find burner

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adn rcd dly, Apr 13, 2005.

1. adn rcd dly macrumors 6502

adn rcd dly

i am trying to burn a disc with 8 .mp3's and one protected aac from itunes. it is not recognizing the burner (or no burning software). i need this cd for a class and couldn't burn it on Roxio (this is on a school PC...HP)

help please

2. Norouzi macrumors 6502

This may be a silly question, but are you sure that the school computer has a CD burner installed?

3. adn rcd dly thread starter macrumors 6502

adn rcd dly

yes. i can burn the mp3s in Roxio, like i said. but one of the file "The Hand That Feeds" is Protected AAC from iTUnes, and Roxio doesn't recognize them

4. Norouzi macrumors 6502

What is the exact error you get when you click "Burn Disk"? In the iTunes Burn prefrences is the burner listed there, or does it say "No Supported Burner Found"?

5. Nickygoat macrumors 6502a

Nickygoat

Can you burn it as an audio (not mp3) file? Protected AAC files can be a bit funny if you try and burn them as mp3 discs. If you can burn as audio, do that then rerip as mp3 then try Roxio again. Why does it have to be an mp3 disc out of interest?

6. adn rcd dly thread starter macrumors 6502

adn rcd dly

a: the error reported was "disc burner or software not found" under 'burning' pref. the burner is there

b: not an mp3 disc. that doesn't matter. i was trying it on audio disc.

7. edgarj macrumors newbie

same problem

This just started happening to me with 10.3.9. Burner (8x superdrive, dual 2.5) listed in preferences, but "no burner" message when you start the burn.

Let me know if anybody figures this out.

J.Edgar

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Yeah, I got the same problem yesterday when I went to burn a normal music disk but I repaired permissions and restarted and it all worked fine after that. It's pretty weird though, it came straight after iTunes crashed and I had to reopen it - which is a first. Thank God iTunes uses playlists to burn CDs because I just had to throw in another disk and re-burn and it's all fine now.

Weird. :confused:

9. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Sorry, I cannot help you with the HP PC problem. :eek:

10. jared_kipe macrumors 68030

jared_kipe

OH Oh , I know, go into the preferences and make it make it so that it when it imports it imports to say... 128 bit mp3. Click on the file that is protected AAC and go up to a menu, don't know which, and say convert selection to mp3. BAM you can use Roxio. I think the problem is that iTunes on windows doesn't really support too many burner models.