iTunes CD burning

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by findpankaj, Feb 28, 2006.

1. findpankaj macrumors member

I burnt couple of CD's (audio files) to play them in my car CD player. I used to do this from windows media player on my PC, which worked just fine on my car stereo. This time i used itunes on my mac but to my surprise they aren't playing on my car stereo. My settings were ok i guess with the format as the audio file format. Wonder what is happening there. Any idea?

2. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Do you have a different brand of disk you could try? Also, do these CDs work in other players? :)

3. findpankaj thread starter macrumors member

I inserted that in my windows pc and it started playing with WMP.
    I didn't try playing it in any other player.

4. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

20rogersc

Burn't an 'MP3 CD' rather than an 'Audio CD'?

::20ROGERSC::

5. findpankaj thread starter macrumors member

My car stereo is not mp3 capable. So i don't want to.

6. reh macrumors 6502a

The question was did you perhaps burn a MP3 cd instead of an audio cd?

iTunes -> Preferences -> Advanced -> Burning

7. findpankaj thread starter macrumors member

No, I changed the preferences to burn audio CD. Thats the first thing i did.

8. alexstein macrumors 6502a

alexstein

Have you looked what kind of file type is actually on the cd? Does it play in any other CD Player? Is the disc closed some cd players don't like it when the cd is not finished or closed(or however you call that)

9. spacepower7 macrumors 68000

try this

car cd players are typically more picky about media than computer drives (regardless of mac or pc)

especially in older car stereos

This is the test:

Hold up the cd-r in front of a light (better to try with several different brands), the more light that you can see the less likely that the car cd player will read this.

This is because the laser in the car cd players's laser goes thru the cd instead of reflecting back the 1111s and 0000s back to the laser pickup widget.

I have been burning cd-r's with my Mac since 1995 when cd-burners were $1800 (Pinnacle-Micro RCD-1000) at CompUSA, and cd-r's costed $10 each when bought in bulk packs of 100. yeah for real, 100 cd-r's used to cost $1000 not $20. So I have burned more than 5000 cd-r's since 1995. Data and Audio.

I have an older car that is picky about the media it will play.

The most reliable (currently being manufactured) is the Verbatim Digital Vinyl which are usually $10-20 for 50 cd-rs. These have black plastic on their topside (look like mini records) which the light and laser cannot pass thru.

these are my fav for audio cd-r's
    data cd-r's don't matter too much which media is used

let us know your results