iTunes changing monitor settings/color

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mlt22, Aug 19, 2006.

1. mlt22 macrumors newbie

Aug 19, 2006
    Hello last week the iTunes icon on my desktop changed to a little screen icon with arrow. Now when I click on the icon iTunes still opens but causes my monitor to change its settings....everytime I open iTunes the color settings drop from 32 to 16 bit color. And all the songs on my iPod are now degraded, music sounds tinny and bass is distorted. I do not think there is a problem with the headphones, since all of these things happened within the space of one day. Also, the music still sounds ok when played directly on the computer.

I am using a pc with windows xp, but have been using the itunes software and ipod since december with no problems until now. I have already gone through the "five r's" that apple recommends on its website to solve most problems; resetting ipod, reinstalling itunes, etc......nothing changed.

Please help, I have been unable to find any other threads with this problem!

2. SuperCompu2 macrumors 6502a

Jul 23, 2006
    are you using the latest version?

also, is the version off the internet or off your iPod's CD?
  3. mlt22 thread starter macrumors newbie

Aug 19, 2006
    i am using the most recent iTunes version....I downloaded it off the apple website and installed yesterday