Itunes: Check for available downloads?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by globalist, Sep 2, 2009.

1. macrumors 6502a

Hi,

in my iTunes software I have the option Store->Check for Available Downloads, but when I do this it doesn't fetch any additional downloads into my PC.

And I know for a fact I have purchased quite a few apps into my iPhone that have not been synchronized into the PC yet.

Is this functionality broken or I'm just not understanding what it's purpose is? One would think it would download all my purchased apps if not already on the PC.

2. macrumors regular

dr34mc4st3r

are you logging into a different account on your iTunes?

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

4. macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

Check for downloads will only download anything that hasn't either been downloaded to your iPhone or computer, whichever downloads it first.

An example is when you buy a TV show season pass, every week the episode will be sent to you to download and you can get it by selecting check for available downloads.

5. macrumors P6

-aggie-

Just transfer purchases in iTunes from your iPhone.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hmm, ok, I guess that explains it.

But suppose I have my apps on my iPhone only, and delete them from there. Is there no way for iTunes or iPhone's App Store to check which software I have previously purchased and download it accordingly?

7. macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

The only way to get them back is to download them again from the apps page within iTunes either on the iPhone or on your computer. The download will be free.

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

I know, but I have purchased like 10s of apps and cannot remember the name of each one of them. :)

9. macrumors 68040

SpaceKitty

If you click on view my account and then login, it will have a history of every purchase you have ever made.

10. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Great, thanks!