itunes & clutter - cd art!!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by the_architect, Aug 8, 2005.

1. the_architect macrumors newbie

Hi I have a problem, when I import most of my cd's onto my 60GB ipod the cd art is not displayed on 90% in the ipod window. I have found the cd album art using clutter which works in itunes on the mac but when it's in ipod it's not there?

HELP!

2. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

You'll have to import the art into iTunes. You can do this directly from clutter with command-shift-K.

3. the_architect thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks but......

Hi yes I'm thick but I've not had my mac long! It just beeps when I press command shift K so again how do I exactly make sure that the album cover travels with my music to my ipod so I can see it as I choose my album? Am I the only one with this problem?

4. stridey macrumors 65816

stridey

Ok, here's the deal. When you see the album art in Clutter, that album art is only associated with Clutter, and not with iTunes. In order for your iPod to have the album art, the art must be associated with iTunes. So, with Clutter as the front app (At the top of the screen, to the right of the apple, it should say "Clutter"), press Command-Shift-K. This will move the art for that album to iTunes, where it will travel to your iPod (once you sync your iPod with iTunes next).