iTunes controls for menu- most reliable

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by flyfish29, Aug 13, 2004.

1. flyfish29 macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Hey, I would like to:

control play, pause, next song as well as change ratings in the main menu bar *which I have a ton of space in as I don't have many things in it on my 17" iMac screen.*

I have things like QuickTunes, but would like to do it without a drop down menu if possible.

I saw something called Rating Bar 1.2 which does it right in the menu? Anyone use this?

I would like it to be reliable and bug free if possible as I don't have time to reistall, troublshoot my sytem right now. I know there have been threads on this before but couldn't find them in a search. sorry.

thanks

2. ryme4reson macrumors 6502

The Best iTunes Controller by FAR!

Here is what I think is the best iTunes controller. You can select a key combination to be used from any application. (Mine is Apple + Spacebar) then the arrow keys to FF or Rev sonds, and sound up and down.

Check it out,

http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/8445

3. flyfish29 thread starter macrumors 68020

flyfish29

Thanks, for some reason I don't like key combinations as much as mousing in the menu bar. but I will check it out anyway

4. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

I would recommend synergy. Does all that you said, plus can fetch can display album art in the most beautiful way.

cheers

5. scott182 macrumors member

You might want to also check out ByteController.

From Apple's page:

About ByteController
    A small user interface utility for controlling iTunes. ByteController gives you three buttons in your menu bar: Previous Song, Next Song and Play/Pause. Holding the Previous Song and Next Song buttons plays fast forward or rewinds.

ByteController has hot keys for all button actions plus hot keys for controlling volume, and controlling ByteController.

6. Jalexster macrumors 6502a

ByteControler is what I have, it's simple, painless, and you can set up keyboard shortcuts to control iTunes. I have F7 dedicated to Play/Pause on my iBook.