iTunes Cover Bug

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by supergod, Aug 5, 2005.

1. supergod macrumors 6502

I'm having a weird new problem with iTunes. Recently I reinstalled Tiger on my comp and kept my old iTunes library. I was able to bring it back in just fine and get back all of my music from my ext. HD. With iTunes I run GrowliTunes and Sizzling Keys. Just today I noticed a weird bug.

When I skip tracks or just press the play button in iTunes the albumart box in the bottom does not display the album art. However if I double click a song to play it, it displays the albumart just fine. In addition, GrowliTunes displays the albumart in it's little window. Since I went to the trouble of going through my 10 gig library of music, finding info for every album and downloading all of the album art (never a big fan of the low quality 128kbps audio from the iTunes music store) I would appreciate being able to see that album art. If anyone knows if this is some kind of bug seen in OS 10.4.2, or whether I'm the only one so far and you might have any ideas, please post.

All replies are welcome, thanks.

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Click the bar over the album art window to get it to show the album art of the track "Now Playing" instead of that of the "Selected Song". :)

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

yeah that change threw me for a moment, but it's much nicer now, being able to display "current song" instead of "selected song".

edit: wait, it looks like we're not answering the right question here. It sounds like you may actually be describing a bug, but when you run two mods over iTunes, you can't expect 100% stability...

4. supergod thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, when I reinstalled Tiger I finally upgraded my iTunes. With the upgrade I hadn't noticed that there was that change. Thanks anyways for pointing it out: it's always nice when things are working fine, even if it means I've just been a computer tard.