iTunes crashes when adding video files

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by spimp31, Nov 1, 2005.

1. spimp31 macrumors member

After getting my 5G 60GB iPod, I figured I would now use my powerbook and external that goes with it as my movie library, and continue to use my PC for my large (350 GB) music library. However, no matter what format I encode video in, iTunes crashes as soon as I click to add a file. I'll get the beach ball for a brief moment, and then I'm asked to send an error report to Apple. I've tried this with maybe a half dozen different videos, both mpeg4 and h.264. The same videos I'm doing this with added to both my Windows iTunes and iPod with no problems. I've reinstalled iTunes 6.0.1 twice with no success in ridding myself of this problem. I'm running 10.4.3 and have never had any iTunes-related problems in the past.

Has anyone come across this same problem, or have any suggestions on what may be causing this? iLounge was an utter waste of my time in getting a response to it, and I figured some more tech-saavy folks could be found in these parts.

2. spimp31 thread starter macrumors member

3. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

If im not mistaken itunes uses the latest version of quicktime, make sure you have the lastest quicktime installed along with that new itunes. Its all i can suggest?

4. spimp31 thread starter macrumors member

Yeah, I have re-installed both iTunes and Quicktime. I'm wondering if upgrading to QT Pro would help anything. I just can't understand where the problem would be occuring except with iTunes and Quicktime, or how else to solve this problem.

5. spimp31 thread starter macrumors member

I've still not found an answer to this problem. PLEASE, if you have any suggestions I'd like to try them. It appears at least a few other people are having this issue on the apple discussions site for iTunes.

6. Ryno macrumors newbie

Yo Pimp, I have the same problem. I try to add art work to an album or add video and itunes software freezes then the computer slowly starts to freeze. I can move the mouse on the screen but control, alt, delete does not work nor trying to restart through the start button. I tried reinstalling itunes and quicktime and updated both with the recent version and nothing seems to work. This issue is very frustrating. whats the point of buying a video ipod if the stuff cant be added on to the ipod.

7. KKKL macrumors 6502