ITunes - cross fade adjustment?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by OldManJimbo, Jun 16, 2004.

1. OldManJimbo macrumors 6502

Jun 1, 2004
    California Coast
    I notice that iTunes will do a nice segue between songs that have been imported and that works nicely for music - is there to way to adjust, or disable the fade in/out on specific tracks? I have a couple of spoken word albums and the last couple of words are being cut off as it moves to the next track.
  2. Gee macrumors 65816

Feb 27, 2004
    London, UK
    Look in iTunes preferences menu: iTunes > Preferences > Audio. You can enable or disable crossfade here, and control the length of the cross...
  3. 1macker1 macrumors 65816

Oct 9, 2003
    A Higher Level
    I was just complaining to a friend about crossfade. It never seems to work every time. Some songs fade in and out just perfect, some have silence inbetween them. I think this is a bug with iTunes.
  4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    there is no way do set this for individual tracks, but it would be nice, i guess your best bet is to set it at a mid level so that it works best for all your tracks and we should send some user feedback to apple to allow us to adjust this on a per track/album basis
  5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

Jan 9, 2004
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    Setting track-to-track fades as part of a playlist is my vote for please-please-please feature for the next major iTunes bump. ;)